Dedicated May 29, 2011, the Syrian Garden is located on both MLK Jr. and East Blvds. between the Hebrew and American Gardens on land set aside for this Garden in 1929. Construction began August 11, 2010. Designed by Misses Raghal Helal and Nagham Nano, architectural graduate students at Damascus University, Syria. Elements of the design come from Syrian history and are, in the main, the replica of monumental Syrian arch near Palmyra, short amphitheater recalling that near Bosra, Arabic style fountain in the stone colors typically found in Syria, 10 pointed star on midlevel reproduces popular Syrian design found in residential courtyards, and the sixteen pointed star around the Arabic fountain which is a design motif found in many Syrian architectural elements. On the square meter tops of ten black granite columns around the perimeter of the amphitheater are incised text covering the Syrian region's history from antiquity to the present day.